Monday, August 6, 2012

B-day Shirt

I just LOVE industrial tags, and kraft paper, and green! What could be better than a layout featuring all three? Today Practical Scrappers is featuring projects with tags and The Paper Girl's Challenge Blog is all about birthdays. I rooted around in my stack of me pictures and came up with this one from a couple years ago. My sweet daughters bought this shirt for me and I LOVE wearing it.
~ b-day shirt ~
 I started with a DCWV base (Their Love Letters stack is all kraft with YUMMY prints.) and then started layering tags. The largest tags are gifts from DH. He brings home the old ones when they print up a new batch with different info. He enables my industrial tag collection.
But why stop there, I collect tags from clothing, office supply, and scrappy companies also. There is even a discount warehouse nearby that has shelves of blank tags neatly boxed in 100's (eeeek!!!) in a variety of colors and sizes. (Think of the stamping, twining, and embellishing possibilities.)
Once I had all the tags on my page I realized I needed a boundary so out came the vellum. I ran my Sew Easy around the edge of the sheet and considered it distressed.
My fibre collection was just the thing to dress up those tags so I started grabbing textures. I tried to stay with my green color theme, but found the yellow and orange would NOT be left behind.
These sweet jewelry tags were perfect grouped in threes so I inked up similar CTMH stamps with Ranger ink and gave them a kiss. The Petaloo garland was delightfully limey so on the page it went.
That's when I finally decided I should stitch the edge of my page. A little difficult since I already had my blossoms on, but the machine and I came to an agreement. American Crafts Thickers in the perfect shade of lime spelled out my title. Then I got out my Key Lime liquid pearls and White enamel accents and went a little dotty. I needed just ONE more touch of yellow and found the pins in my MME embellishments.

Stop by the Paper Girl's Challenge Blog and view the Girl's projects then link up!!! And check out Practical Scrapper's list of Current Calls. You know we'd love to see your work on our page!
Supplies:
Paper: DCWV. Vellum and Stamps: CTMH. Tags: MME, Converse, Kieffer's, and stash. Brads and Pins: MME. Ink, Liquid Pearls, and Enamel Accents: Ranger. All Trim: stash. Alpha: American Crafts
~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment