Friday, October 21, 2016

Dare To Dream

This spooky project is great for keeping track of super scary recipes, or writing down those haunting dreams!
~ Dare To Dream ~
 I like simple projects that go from "nice" to "WOW" with a flick of the wrist and a scattering of gems!
I picked up the notebook on a thrifting run.
It seemed the perfect canvas for these halloween papers
 so I took it apart and got started decorating.
On the back of the front cover I marked off a 1/4 inch edge around the window.
I used a 3 " circle divided into 1/8" to position the paper piercer.
I flipped the cover back over, sanded it to remove the smooth surface,
then painted the edges of the front window with black paint.
I didn't want any light colors to show through after I cut my paper cover.
I attempted a dream catcher and ended up with more of a spider web.
But here are the steps I took:
Step 1: Using a slip knot and two fingers to create a loose edge
 I looped thread all around the window.
Step 2: I went around my set of 8 loops, attaching the thread at the center of each loop and adding a bead.
Step 3: Each time I went round my set of loops I used the existing beads to loop the thread,
and added an additional bead.
Step 4: To finish off the center I add only four beads, and went through them twice with the thread.
  I painted a black frame around the window on the back of the cover before adding the Spiderweb Glitter Cardstock.
I used a craft knife to cut out the gate from the Haunted House Cardstock and layered it over the house and window. I added Halloween Dew Drops to the fence and Mascarade Diamond Drops to the bats and posts for added bling!
Scrap On!

~charity~


No comments:

Post a Comment