Thursday, December 15, 2016

Sparkles on Things and Fairy Wings

Today's project is a Fairy Wing Dispenser.
One of the best things about paper crafting is the ways we find to illustrate our memories. My kids and I have a weakness for vending machines that spit out the latest collectibles in toys and trinkets. We have quite a stash from our visits and keep a quarter jar on hand. This vending machine commemorates those fun times and is for all the little fairies who visit my house.
Free wings for all!
~ Fairy Wings ~
This project evolved slowly. I began with scraps and watched my idea change repeatedly. The wings were my first creation. I used bits from Rosy Diamond Cardstock,  Girl Swirl Glitter Cardstock, Robins Egg Glitter Cardstock, and Moss Green Glitter Cardstock. I stamped and heat embossed the wing onto the cardstock then cut out the shape.
I strung a needle with thin fishing line and used it to tie a loop through a circle of foam adhesive. I stacked a pair of wings with the foam dot between so they could be hung in the dispenser.
I painted the inside of the glass globe white and sprinkled it with green glitter. The outside of the globe I painted with a clear adhesive and sprinkled heavily with blue glitter.
I added trim to the base of the globe and Metallic Gold Dew Drops to the dispenser and to the trim. Because of the varied materials and a need for a very strong bond I used E6000. It takes time to dry but holds well.
I used a tracing book to copy and cut two fairy shapes for the sides of the spout. I traced the shapes onto the Robins Egg Glitter Cardstock, cut them out, then dry embossed the edges with gold. I also stamped and embossed a pattern onto the back of the fairies.
I stamped and embossed a set of wings for each fairy and spread gold sparkle paste on the back of the wings. I attached the fairies to the dispenser with the E6000 adhesive.
The flower clusters on the sides of the dispenser were made from flower punches and Celebration Swirl Glittered Cardstock, Girl Crown Glittered CardstockPrincess Cardstock, Rosy Diamond Cardstock. I glued Flame Dew Drops to the centers of the flowers.
The swirls were cut with a die from Robin's Egg Glitter Cardstock. I adhered the flowers and swirls to the globe with hot glue.
From the back of the dispenser the gold wings and body patterns of the fairies peek out.
As a final touch I placed a spare set of wings in the spout of the dispenser, as if a fairy child had just used her hard earned coins to win a magical pair of wings!
This sweet little Fairy Wing Dispenser was in great demand from my children. My oldest daughter won the prize. Her little pink Christmas tree looks adorable next to it!

Supplies:
Paper, Dew Drops:Robins Nest
Stamp:Hot Off The Press
Ink:Clear snap
Embossing Powder:Wow Embossing Powder
Trim:Webster's Pages
Glitter:Martha Stewart
Paint:Delta Creative
Adhesive:E6000
Punches:Martha Stewart, EK Success, McGill
Flourish Die:Poppy's Stamps
Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment