Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Hearts, Love and a Cat Layout

This month’s Scrappy Friends Challenge is all about love and heart shapes. I chose a photo of the gentlest expression of love, a hug! Here my daughter snuggles our kitty and he wraps his fuzzy paws around her in return.
~ Love ~

To give the layers on this layout loft I used craft foam. Best Glue Ever holds it all together with a squiggle here and a squeeze there.
The heart shapes, whether they are these open wood shapes from Peachy Cheap or solid cork shapes from SpiegelMom Scraps get a dribble of the same glue and are secured permanently. 
I chose Prima flowers in the same shade of aqua as my accent papers. They needed a little something to help them stand out. I punched petals from Rinea Fuchsia/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper.

 They attached with ease using a drop of ScraPerfect’s BGE. The flower stays where I want it with a blob of BGE.

The Fuschia/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper is amazing as a photo mat and flower ring. Since you can’t have too much foiled paper on a project I just kept adding. A rectangle frame cut with a Carfter’s Companion die slips under the aqua grid paper.

 A heart frame above the title is backed by layers of heart embossed Fuschia/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper flipped to the Gold side. The same embossing folder from Darice was used on the pennant shape. Finally a heart shaped corner punch shows a bit more of the foiled paper photo mat.
For Rochelle's Challenge I needed to use the sketch and heart paper. 
I enjoyed finding diecut papers that coordinated with the many layers and colors of patterned papers. This piece of Bella Blvd with a tiny rainbow of hearts fulfills that requirement for heart paper nicely.
I chose #1 for Brenda's "This Month In History" Challenge. That requirement was to add gold. The flip side of the Fuschia/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper is perfect. 

I sent it through my hand crank embossing machine a couple times with extra pressure. This popped the heart shapes right out.
The title describes these two sweeties perfectly. An open shape rose and leaves add the crowning touch. The best part though, is the way this photo makes me feel...all warm and happy inside!

Supplies:
Cardstock:Bella Blvd, Craftsmith
Diecut paper:Recollections, DCWV
Wood Shapes:Peachy Cheap
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Flowers:Prima
Cork Hearts:Spiegelmom Scraps
Leaf Punch:Punch Bunch
Border Punch:EK Success
Corner Punch:Kreaxions
Embossing Folder:Darice

Scrap On
~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment