Friday, May 24, 2019

How To Mix Your Own Colors of Texture Paste

Today's layout is a zany mix of texture paste, matching colors of glimmer mist, and lime green flowers. I took the colors directly from this photo of AJ next to an alien themed ride at the fair. The title reminds her she is half human, half cosmos, and all stardust!
~ Half Cosmos ~
 This layout started as a White with 1 entry. I used Versafine ink and Wow embossing powder to create rows of  circles for the base of my design. The circle stamps are from Little Yellow Bicycle.
 The photo doesn't do the color scheme credit. In reality the mist and paste match shade for shade. I used Calambour 3-D Glossy gel in Light Blue and Green Gold. I ended up with so much paste by the time I had the color right that I saved it in a spare jar.
 I applied the paste through a Memory Box star stencil. After It had cured I added more circles with Liquitex modeling paste and TCW stencils. A spritz of Tattered Angels Chalkboard, Seven Seas and a the background was finished. 
 I chose lime green and lavender for contrasting colors. A Martha Stewart "Punch All Over The Page" in a caning pattern pops in lime green against the purple cardstock. The background was too textured for adhering the photo mat down so I used tiny brads.
 Strips of Webster's Pages trim echo the colors and the circle theme. I added black brads and punched gears from the purple cardstock.
 A spray of lime green and black flowers cover the unsightly parts of the photo. Of course I didn't have the right flowers to start with. I spritzed a few Prima news print flowers with Tattered Angels Chalkboard, Inchworm. The final touch of Prima crystal flourishes meld perfectly with the stamped circles.
Although I lost the White with 1 entry along the way I am thrilled with the result. I guess that means I will just have to spend MORE time crafting. 
Oh the agony!!!
Scrap On!

~charity hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment