Saturday, April 15, 2017

How to Make an Unusual and Stunning Shaker Card

Here's how to make an unusual and stunning shaker card. The stamps and sequins give it an adorable vibe but the secret ingredient that sets it apart is craft foam!
~ You Octopi My Heart ~
 Sequins provide movement when strung but tend to get stuck between the layers of the cardstock. I used a double layer of craft foam to give the sequins the room they needed to shimmy. I need this card to shimmy because it is my entry for Lawn Fawnatics Challenge #2: Interactive Cards.
  The card base is a 5x5 piece of Kreaxions Rainbow Paper. I pierced a line of holes at either end. They are 1/2" apart and 1/4 inch from the top or bottom edge. I applied tiny spots of the Best Glue Ever over the holes and added a narrow strip of 1/16 craft foam. Craft foam may be difficult to adhere, but ScraPerfect Products get the job done with ease.
 For the top piece I traced and cut a heart window. I used Lawn Fawn's Octopi My Heart for stamps and dies. I stamped the sentiment under the heart. I used corresponding dies to cut hearts and bubbles. I stamped bubbles and hearts on to Kreaxions Sparkle Paper then glued them behind the cuts.
 When the glue had dried I added the octopus I had cut then stamped onto Kreaxions Sparkle Paper. I pierced the marked holes through the craft foam.
 Using silver thread and sequins from SpiegleMom Scraps I strung "bubbles" through the holes. I used an alternating pink and green pattern of  Mint Chip Sequins. I taped my thread on the back of the card to be sure it did not slide around.
 I glued a second layer of craft foam onto the threaded holes. I also glued a double layer of craft foam strips to the sides of the card base. I added glue to the top of the foam frame and placed the heart window. Craft foam is tricky to work with because it takes longer to dry, but the result is just delightful and the Best Glue Ever makes it fool proof.

Supplies:
Paper:Kreaxions
Stamps & Dies:Lawn Fawn
Ink:Close To My Heart
Sequins:SpiegelMom Scraps
Thread:Kreinik
Glue:ScraPerfect

Scrap On!

~charity~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this is such a fun design! I love how the sequins slide on the thread, that is so clever! Thanks for sharing with us at Lawn Fawnatics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete