Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Simple Layout With Stars And Die-Cuts

Today I have a simple layout with stars and diecuts stacked for embellishment. The photos tell the story of my daughters creation of an ugly Christmas sweater. This story begins with a previously posted double page layout of my son's sweater project.
~ Hard @ Work ~
This layout is my entry for Brenda's History Challenge. I chose Fact #2 as my inspiration. The prompt was to use SMS language in honor of Alexander Graham Bell's patent of the telephone. In my title I used the @ symbol and added the text-ese heart, a "v" and "3".
 
This layout is also my entry for Rochelle's Challenge. Her prompts were a sketch and graph paper. I cut and stacked blue and white graph paper for a title card. I followed her sketch, turning it on it's side to incorporate my photo orientation.
For her Ugly Christmas Sweater my daughter portrayed Totoro. We do love Miyazaki's Studio Ghibli films. My Neighbor Totoro is his third film for that company and is based on a child's ability to "see" what adults have forgotten. This carefully cut and stitched, felt Totoro is holding a Christmas tree.
 I fussy cut yellow roses and clustered them with stars and flourish die-cuts on diagonal corners of the layout.
 I used layers of washi tape, more stars, and ribbon on the opposite side of the title card to balance the photo mat.
 This two-photo layout is my entry for the March Scrappy Friends Challenge. I have combined both Rochelle's and Brenda's challenge for a third entry. I have enjoyed participating and hope that you will give it a try!
 Supplies:
Cardstock:Recollections, Crafter's Warehouse
Patterned Paper:Bo Bunny, Craftsmith
Tag, Sticker, and Roses:Bo Bunny
Stars:Prima, Peachy Cheap
Alpha, Brad:Simple Stories
Flourish Cutting Dies:Amazon
Washi:American Crafts, Target, Love My Tapes

Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment