Sunday, March 18, 2018

Hello Spring Diecut Delight

I've been stocking up on cutting dies disproportionately to my usage. They are just so clever I can't help myself. My newest assortment is the Spring set from Peachy Cheap. There are 14 total, but I only managed to use 6 on this card. Trying to get this idea in before Easter arrives. 
~ Hello Spring ~
Along with the Spring shaped dies I also used a Spellbinders medallion die and the new Pastel Variety Pack from Rinea. I used all glossy's in this project, including the reverse side for the rabbit and butterflies.
 First I placed the peak-a-boo corner and bunny. I folded back the upper right corner of the card blank and pierced to holes. I added a few dots of Best Glue Ever underneath for extra insurance.
 The Rinea Foiled Paper corner piece and bunny are glued to the corner area with tiny dots of Best Glue Ever. The only way to get dots so tiny is with the No-Clog Writing Cap
made to fit most glues with 3 cap sizes and 3 tip sizes from ScraPerfect.
 I slipped beading thread through the pierced holes and tied a bow. Next I cut a 1" strip of Jade/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper the width of my card. I turned it into grass with Shredding Shears, also a new purchase.
I needed the grass blades to move freely. I added a thin strip of Best Glue Ever along the solid edge, once again being most grateful for my No-Clog Writing Cap.
 Placing the large egg exactly where I wanted it meant I had to curl back the tip to place more drops of Best Glue Ever.
 Exact placement was necessary because I wanted the grass to overlap the egg without obscuring the letters.
 The purple eggs are heavily perforated so I placed more drops with the No-Clog Writing Cap.
 A couple butterflies finished off the spring vignette.
Another shot of this Hello Spring card shows the high gloss of Rinea Foiled Paper.
Supplies:
Cardstock:Craftsmith
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Cutting Dies:Peachy Cheap, Spellbinders
Adhesive:ScraPerfect

Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment