Thursday, May 24, 2018

How To Make an Elegant Card that is Quick and Easy

Today's project is a mixed media card that is as elegant as it is easy to make. This Dragonfly Card assembles super fast with the Tattered Walls Kit from 123 ScrapWith Me. The sheen of Nuvo Embellishment Mousse adds a chic touch to the mix of dark and light neutrals. The large variety of phrases from Tim Holtz Idea-ology Clippings lets you add a sentiment quickly.

~ Lovely Time ~

Here is a look at the items I used from the kit:
Blue Fern Studios Tattered Walls:Apartment B

Blue Fern Studios Tattered Walls:Sun Room

TCW Stencil: Screen Print
Nuvo Embellishment Mousse:Toasted Almond
Tim Holtz Idea-ology: Clippings Stickers
To accommodate the dragon fly design I cut a 4 ¾ x6 ¾” card front from BFS:Sun Room I centered that on a 5x7” card blank in cream from my own stash.
I cut 6 squares of 1” and 4 squares of ½” inch from BFS:Apartment B. I arranged them on either edge of the card as shown.
Using a pencil I marked the center of the card as well as the center of the dragon fly stencil. I lined up the marks and added Nuvo Embellishment Mousse over the top.
This product is super easy to use. Dab it on with a finger, apply with a scraper, or use a paint brush.
 If you want extra texture on a project just flip the stencil over and press the excess product on to your project.
Each application offers a different finish. Clean up is a snap. 
Just rinse under running water and rub gently.
The dragonfly dried while I was cleaning off the stencil. I added a sentiment from the Idea-ology Clippings and my card was ready to send off.
The Tattered Walls kit is offered at 26% off list price. Stop by 123 Scrap With Me to see what other products you can find.
Scrap On

~Charity Hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment