Sunday, September 9, 2018

How To Free-hand Paint a Canvas Bag

How about a canvas pen bag with a balloon scene painted free hand? Painting on canvas is a classical art. But don't wait for stretched or treated canvas to get started. Just grab the nearest canvas blank from Canvas Corp Brands, a few bottles of Glimmer Glam, and start spreading happiness!
Crafting with Canvas is the Summer Crew Challenge at CCB.  For my entry I used this sweet little bag. It is canvas on one side and burlap on the other and measures 5.5" by 7.5". It also has a zipper which makes it perfect for pens. Find it on line:
I wanted to take my tote with me so did a little altering. I set an eyelet at each end of the bag on the canvas side.  Then I laced a 10" length of Natural Hemp Cord through the eyelets and attached it to the rings with slip knots.
The tassel is all about glitz and glam. I used embroidery floss in pink, green, and gold to compliment the bag colors and a pewter balloon charm. These hang from silver links, attached to a blue and gold beaded zipper pull.
To see projects from the rest of the crew stop by the CCB blog:
The Creative Studio
Supplies:
Canvas Bag:Canvas Corp Brands
Hemp Cord:Canvas Corp Brands
Glimmer Glam Paint:Tattered Angels
Charm, Findings:Bead Landing
Beads:JoAnn Fabrics
3/16" Eyelets:Tandy Leather
Embroidery Floss:Prism
Craft On!
~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment