Saturday, June 4, 2016

Celebrate

I've been seeing beautiful mixed media cards with twine and other items looped to add depth to a card. I decided to recreate this look with paper.
~ Celebrate ~
The pink shreds of paper were simple to create and look so striking against the black paper. For this card I cut a 5" circle with the Kreaxions Circle Cutter. I reset the cutter to 1/2 inch smaller and repeated the process till I had several circles. I cut the circles in half and adhered them to the card front.
I trimmed the ends individually until I had a staggered look. I misted a flower to match the paper shreds and and attched it over the top with leaves. The gold crowns have a dot of adhesive and a strand of twine that lets them drape from under the flower.

Supplies:
Paper:Glitz, Fancy Pants, Craftsmith
Florals:Prima
Twine:Queen and Co
Stamp, Ink:Close To My Heart
Crown Punch:Kreaxions #611
Circle Cutter:Kreaxions

Scrap On!

~charity~

2 comments:

  1. I love those swirls in the background. So different and unique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those swirls in the background. So different and unique!

    ReplyDelete