Saturday, January 27, 2018

Tailored Layout In Crisp Blue And White

Blue and white bring a crisp tailored look to any layout or paper craft project. Today's layout is a single photo feature with a white base and enough stars to light up the night sky. I have played along with two different challenges and hope you have time to participate with them as well.
This months White...with 1 color is Bayou Blue. It blends perfectly with Rinea Foiled Paper in Sapphire, glossy and starstruck as well as a nautical patterned paper from Canvas Corp Brands. Here is the prompt:
I also played along with January 15 sketch from Stuck Sketches by Laura Whitaker. I like the multiple layers and the stars. Stars are my favorite shape and are guaranteed to bait my creativity, catch my interest, and pull me in. You could say I drive right in, that I go for them, hook, line, and sinker! 😂 Okay, enough dumb jokes.
 To carry out the themes of the sketch and color challenges I used the Postcard, 5 Point Star, and Ticking patterned papers from Canvas Corp's Out To Sea Nautical collection.
Rough cut circles of Rinea Sapphire/Sapphire Starstruck Foiled Paper imitate the stitched circles in the upper left of the sketch. Under the photo mat a long rectangle of ticking patterned paper overlays a piece of Rinea Ebony/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper with star cutouts.
I inked the edges of the ticking paper with Color Snap pigment ink for greater contrast. Rinea Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper is layered with more of the ticking pattern paper for a border at the bottom of the page. 
For larger embossed stars I ran pieces of the Rinea Sapphire/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper through my embossing machine with a Darice folder. I wanted the gold side to show, for a touch of warmth. 
 A layer of Rinea Ebony/Ebony Starstruck Foiled Paper is punched with a garland and stars pattern using a Fiskars' punch. I layered a strip of Sapphire/Gold glossy paper underneath to make the design more visible.
 Best Glue Ever, a pressure sensitive adhesive, holds it all together. Whether I am layering with glossy foiled paper or cardstock I reach for ScraPerfect's BGE. Just a little dab, a thin line of glue, and my project is secure. I have no wrinkles, no bleed through, and no hours of dry time.
My final addition were the stars. I used a Momenta die and embossing system for my shapes. Most of the stars I cut from the Ebony Glossy foiled paper I placed under the photo mat. The blue stars are cut from circles left over from the circle strands the Rinea team made for the photo booth at Creativation. I added the circles for good measure.
The photo is our little family in December of 2016. That boy is NOT so small anymore! The four of us together are still a Stellar Cast for any thing life might give us roles in.

Scrap On!

~charity~

12 comments:

  1. Great layout - love all the stars and stripes finished off with the gold. Thanks for joining us at White ... with 1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blues are so perfect with your photo! So happy to have you playing with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the foil!Love the stars!Thank you for joining us at white...with1

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your vibrant creation, it's so dynamic and cool! The paper star is stunning! Thanks for join us at ww1 challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your use of the foil. Wonderful layout. Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous layout! Love all the beautiful details! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?!Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How pretty, love the foiling! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout and I loved reading your instructions and thought process. Thanks for playing along at White With 1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely layout! I like that you've thought about the little details - like backing the punched borders with a contrasting colour to make them stand out. Thanks for joining in the White ... With 1 challenge for January.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your layout. The blues are perfect with your photo and the foils really make the whole thing pop! Thank you for joining us at White... with 1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like how you have combined all the elements on your background – very clever. Thank you so much for joining in with Ww1 this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome star design! Love this! Thank you for joining at WW1 this month!

    ReplyDelete