Monday, February 11, 2019

Decoupage and Stencils Decorate a Dress Form

The perfect canvas for decoupage, stencils, paste, and metallic paint is a dress form. This beauty is 14" tall with a 5" vintage spool as a stand. My recent delivery of Calambour products give her an air of sophistication and charm.
My first step was to paint the form with Calambour decoupage glue. I ripped the rice paper into large strips and placed them on the wet glue. I applied another layer of glue over the paper. I only had one piece of the Victorian Cherub rice paper so I used Calambour Metallic Chocolate paint to patch over the uncovered areas.
 A strip of the Metallic Chocolate shows across the back as well as on the neck and shoulders. I was able to apply the paper to the front of the form evenly and fairly straight. The sections on the back didn't go on as well, but they give her a sashay so that's alright!
 Calambour 3D Glossy Gel in Ducat Gold is layered through stencils to create the fleur de lis on the dress forms left side and the paisleys on the right. Calambour Plaster Effect Mortar (paste) adds a series of leaves, dots, flourishes, flowers, and butterflies with the help of even more stencils.
 In place of a heart I have given this lady a blue butterfly. I stenciled on a butterfly with Plaster Effect Mortar then painted it with Calambour Metallic Tiffany paint. Given the curve, the placement of the butterfly took me a few tries. The resulting flutter of Tiffany Blue makes it all worth while!
My first dress form had a number of lessons for me. Some of those were about curves and letting go of perfection. The majority though, were about the fun of experimenting, taking chances, and creating for the fun of it!

Craft On!

~charity hotrum~

1 comment:

  1. I gotta bookmark this website it seems extremely helpful very useful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete