Monday, April 29, 2019

How To Make Texture The Center Of Attention

Here's a sweet layout showing how I make texture the center of attention. Texture is the quirky denizen in a crafter's bag of tricks. Embossing, paste, fabric, paper layers, sequins, even foam tape adds texture. For a stunning overall effect add texture in layers, using lots of different methods.
~ Mayday Moments ~
This layout is staged on two embossed papers, the first with dry embossing the second with glitter embossing. The grey paper is from a DCWV stack, Sophisticated Neutrals. That exotic pink with yellow paisleys is from the Storyteller collection by Linda Wood.
 A hexagon embossing folder shapes a strip of wood veneer. I've been having a lovely run through my stash and realized I hadn't yet used this veneer from an old MME set, Necessities. It makes a great photo mat for this layout. 
 Helmar adhesive was my bestie throughout this process. From holding down a sheet of veneer to pinpointing sequins, all I needed was in that yellow bottle. The sequins shown here are from Spiegel Mom Scraps. They come in nifty baggies and I sort them into acrylic organizers.
 The title alpha is an old Thicker set from American Crafts. Those things never did stick well. Here I solve the problem with a bit of gold braid stitched in a triangle. To continue the theme I stapled the tiny type down.
 Here's a shot of all that lumpy, bumpy goodness thanks to foam tape. The burlap hexagons are cut with the same dies I used on the paper. I gave each fabric shape a "glint" with a couple stitches of gold braid.
 Finally, here's a shot that shows off the glitter yellow embossing on the paper. I just LOVE this collection from Linda Wood!
My scrappy sister, Sharon Fritchman posted
  Challenge YOUrself #64
and I decided to join in. You can find the details for this challenge at the highlighted link above. This month's theme is My Favorite Holiday. I love coaxing flowers out of my tiny, urban flower beds so of course I had to choose Mayday.

Scrap On!

~charity hotrum~

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Charity! Your layout is absolutely amazing! I am so happy that you decided to join us this month at Challenge YOUrself! Your favorite holiday, your photo, and your entire design are just wonderful and so beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us this month. We are all ecstatic that you did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page full of nice details! Thanks for joining Challenge YOUrself! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your page - those layered hexagons rock!! - Thanks for playing along with us at the Challenge YOUrself Blog!

    ReplyDelete