Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Handmade Flowers and Foiled Paper Diecuts

I spent the weekend playing with Fairie Dust, handmade flowers, and foiled paper diecuts! I love this Graphic 45 paper pack so much I don't want to waste a even a SCRAP! I made the layout below with less than two sheets of patterned paper, one and a half sheets of cardstock, and assorted foiled paper scraps.
~ Believe ~
The first trick is to use front and back of the same patterned sheet. That plaid is the reverse of the sweet pea and violet paper. The second trick is to cut the chosen patterned paper into 3 strips of verying width and cut about an inch off the top of two of those strips.
Mount the shorter strips on either edge of a cardstock sheet, about 1/2 inch in from the edge.
The longer strip should be turned over and mounted over the gap on the cardstock. The longer strip will overlap each side by half an inch. I also added a 1" strip of patterned paper down the length of the longer strip for contrast and layers. You can see the thin strip of blue peeking out, below.
I used chipboard and wood shapes as well as an assortment of die cuts for clusters between the layers. Rinea's Marigold, Violet, and Lavender foiled papers are the exact hues to compliment the Fairie Dust collection.
The multi-layered flowers are cut from 2x12" strips of patterned paper from the Fairie Dust collection. After die-cutting the flowers I inked the edges, rolled the petals, stacked them with Best Glue Ever and added a gem for the center.
The plaid paper was a little too busy so I added white doilies for a bit of definition. Scattered chipboard words and a title made from one of the stickers finished off this layout. I love that the orange stuffie in the photo is the exact shade of the Marigold Foiled Paper and the Sweet Peas.
I loosely followed the sketch below by Laura Whitaker.

Supplies:

Cardstock:Crafter'sWarehouse
Patterned Paper, Stickers:Graphic 45
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Dies:Tim Holtz, Crafter's Companion, Spellbinders, Amazon
Ink:Close To My Heart
Wood Shapes:Peachy Cheap
Gems:Michaels
Glitter Glue:Ranger

Scrap On!

~Charity Hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment