Friday, June 23, 2017

How To Make A Stunning Page Quick and Easy With Embossing

Today I have a new tutorial that shows you how to make a stunning page the quick and easy way. This process lets clear Embossing Powder steal the show with a Mixed Media twist. It's all the hard work of a messy fingers project without the drying time.
~ Special Event ~
My weekend in Tacoma with this dear friend was an exceptional experience. We relaxed, saw the sights, and reconnected over plenty of coffee. Blue Fern Studios new collection Spring Parade shares the emotions of that time with its pastel tones and garden images. These tags with the titles Special Event and Small Moments pulled it all together.
The sketch I used for this page has a background heart shape. I wanted to incorporate a Mixed Media element but didn't want to take the time for the layers to dry. I decided to put my Wow Embossing Powder to work and it was CLEARLY a success.
I made this sweet Teddy ATC to illustrate the process I used for the green tone-on-tone heart on my layout.
To begin I cut a heart shape from cardstock and taped it over my purple ATC blank. Over that I placed a stencil with a very open pattern. Finally I dabbed it heavily with clear embossing ink.
 I dusted my ATC with clear Wow Embossing Powder then heat set it.
 I again taped the heart shape over my purple ATC. I dribbled a darker purple mist onto a cotton round then rubbed it across the embossed surface. 
 The mist tinted only the bare paper and wiped off the embossing. The finished product offers a tone-on-tone Mixed Media background. The ATC took mere minutes to produce!
Special Event is my entry for Stuck Sketches June 15th Challenge. Here is the sketch by Laura Whitaker.
Layout Supplies:
Paper:Blue Fern Studio
Flowers:Prima
Flower Centers, Acetate:Glitz Design
Tags, Tickets:Crate Paper
Die Cut Banner:Fancy Pants
Pearls:Close To My Heart
Embossing Folder:Crafter's Companion
Purple Mist:Clear Snap
Stencil:The Crafters Warehouse
Embossing Powder:Wow Embossing

ATC Supplies:
Paper:Close To My Heart
Cardstock:Recollections
Twine:Twinery
Stickers:Echo Park, Bella Blvd
Teddy:ClipartView.com
Stencil:Kite
Embossing Powder:Wow Embossing

Scrap On!

~charity~

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout, and the embossing looks fantastic! So happy you played with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful interpretation of the challenge and some great tips shared. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous page! Love the way you built your page! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete