Thursday, January 17, 2019

Mixed Media Roots and Wings Tag

Stretching my mixed media skills with this roots and wings tag. There's a new face on Instagram these days, Nomadic Soul Diaries! NSD presents us with a star-studded cast of designers, a rhapsody of sponsors, and mouth watering color schemes. Rush over to their insta for all the details!!!
 January's Challenge:
Create a tag any size/material
Use feathers
Main color must be blue
 I started with plain white cardstock 4x6". I used my favorite stencil and smooshed Nuvo Embellishment Mousse all over it. I used Aqua glaze medium to paint a journal card from my Gypsy Moments paper pack.
Strips of vintage lace peak out from either end of the journal card. Chipboard gears are stitched to the tag with gold braid. From the ends of the braid hang wings die-cut from cardstock and gold foiled paper. 
Although the wings should count as having used feathers, I added two pale blue feathers at the top. I crowned my Wings and Roots tag with a blue blossom and called it good.
Can't WAIT to see everyone's interpretation of this challenge!

Supplies:
Cardstock:Recollections
Journal Card:Canvas Corp 
Embellishment Mousse:Tonic Studios
Stencil:Kite
Wing Die:Spellbinders
Feather Die:X-cut
Flower:Prima
Chipboard:Creative Embellishments

Craft On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment