Saturday, May 4, 2019

How To Make a Stamped Card With Multiple Layers

This stamped card with multiple layers samples all of my favorite things. Foiled paper, sequins, seashells, tiny flowers, netting, and hand painted details enhance this shabby chic creation. The visual depth gives it an extra touch of luxury.
~ wishing you a BEAUTIFUL day ~
 I had specific plans for it until I realized I had given a card with this image just last year!!! Clearly a favorite stamp of mine.
To get the layers of this sweet girls dress I stamped the image on two different colors of cardstock. Then I cut it out, trimming it shorter each time. 
The bottom layer is white for the petticoat with painted hands, legs, and shoes. I assembled the images with thin layers of Helmar adhesive between. 
I stacked the parasol and little boy separate from the dress. I did cut a few images wrong but had plenty of cardstock to stamp and emboss for the next try. I stamped the final image on a 4x6 piece of white cardstock, then I cut out the ocean for my shaker window.
I used watercolors to add the beach and the ocean. The shaker cavity is filled with Spiegel Mom Scraps sequins. I used two different mixes to get the look I wanted. I used more Helmar Adhesive to attach the sea shells.
The shaker looked too plain on the blue card. I added a large rectangle of pink netting and tied the corners with gold braid. I added 4 copper flourishes to the card front as well as blue, velvet flowers.
I placed tiny shells and flowers around the sides of the card. The final touch was a sentiment, matted in more of the Copper Foiled Paper from Rinea.
This card is my entry for @NomadicSoulDiaries April Challenge on Instagram.
1:Create a card, any size/shape
2:Make it interactive
3:Use Sequins

Scrap On!

~charity hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment