Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Egg Dye...It's not just for eggs!

My amazing scrapping group is onto a new past time. This one is super messy but SO fun. I couldn't be left behind so I assembled the "right stuff" and got started making my own hand dyed ribbon.


Ingredients:
One Egg Dyeing kit (I used Paas, Neon)
Individual plastic containers
yards and yards of white ribbon, lace, or seam binding
Instructions:
Follow the egg dyeing instructions using the ribbon (etc) instead of eggs. Leave the fabric in the dye for aprox. 2 hours. The time depends on your particular fabric.
This has to be figured out by trial and error.
Just have FUN with it.
Hang outside to dry...
Throw it into the dryer for about 10 minutes to make sure it is completely dry.
Roll into bunches and package with snack size ziplocks.
These "new" ribbons won't be acid free so use for cards or projects if you are concerned about photo damage.
I'm not sure what happened to the purple, but every piece turned out like that.
Definitly tye-died looking. I love it!!!

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment