Friday, February 23, 2018

Hello Gorgeous, Epic Niece Layout

This gorgeous niece of mine once again makes an appearance on an epic layout. This layered, painted, distressed page looks like June roses and blue skies. Megan always proves to be an excellent subject. I think it might be the impish grin! This time I've used Julie Nutting's French Flea Market collection highlighted with Rinea Foiled Paper.
 I've been ever so inspired by Marilyn Rivera's tearing technique. Her gorgeous work is easy to find on Instagram @marilynriverap4.  I really don't know how she achieves the torn-and-tinted look but I arranged it with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist, Vintage Pink. I painted the mist onto the cardstock and let it soak thru. Then I peeled back strips of the damp paper.
 The blue and white patterned paper peeks out between the torn strips and on either side of the script paper. I added long pieces of Blush/Gold Glossy Foiled Paper and Turquoise/Turquoise Starstruck Foiled Paper between the layers of cardstock.
Across the top and side of the layout base I used border punched layers. The very top piece is the Turquoise Starstruck again.
 Still hungry for layers and loft I cut, inked, and staggered several bingo cards from the paper pack. They are set on three different levels. I had to build the middle portion up with foam tape to stabilize the photo.
 Another use for my Peachy Cheap Spring dies below. The bicycle cut from blue and pink rosebud calico echoes the pattern of my nieces blouse. More Turquoise Starstruck layers with a Crafter's Companion frame die round out the collage.
 Fussy cut roses with inked and curled edges add to the photo corner. Lots of foam tape in evidence here.
 Although pink is rarely my color of choice, I sure am happy to have had some on hand. This photo was stunning to start with, but now it glows in an epic setting. Who says school photos are embarassing?
Supplies:
Cardstock, Stickers:Photo Play Paper
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Border Punches:Martha Stewart, EK Success
Mist:Canvas Corp
Ink:CTMH
Cutting Dies:Peachy Cheap, Crafter's Companion
The sketch I used is by Laura Whitaker. This is the February 15th Sketch over at Stuck Sketches. I am NEVER stuck when using one of Laura's creations as a starting point. Stop by the blog and see what inspiration is on display!

Scrap On!

~charity~


3 comments:

  1. Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cool page, love your layering! Thank you for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layout! The foil looks gorgeous! :) Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete