Saturday, April 28, 2018

Daydreaming of the Ocean With Fussy Cuts


Today’s project is a features a daydreaming boy surrounded by fussy cut ocean images. I finally ordered papers by 49 and Market and I have not been disappointed. The designs are printed on heavy cardstock which stands up to mist and mixed media layers very well. I ordered the Sand and Sea collection. The colors are vibrant and harmonious, and mesh with this photo perfectly!

~ Sail Away With Me ~
This layout is centered on the “B” side of The Lookout and surrounded by images fussy cut from Tangled and the accompanying image strip.
Sea creatures die-cut from Rinea Foiled Paper Pastels Variety Pack are slipped between the photo mat layers. I added a phrase sticker from Studio Calico for the title.
My newest crafty toy is the Stamping Gear by Inkadinkado. I peeled it from it’s packaging Saturday morning and immediately put it to use. The upper left and lower right corners are stamped with repetitions of a nautilus shell from the Under The Sea stamp set.
To get the look of space between the fussy cut layers I inked the edges then crimped them up just the tiniest bit. I did add a strip of foam under the title. The rest is all an illusion of carefully bent paper and ink.
After I fussy cut the images from Tangled I had a large piece of cardstock still available. I straightened out the edges and made a card, again using the Stamping Gear. A bit of washi tape and stickers completed the card.
I followed this sketch by Laurel Seabrook:

Supplies:

Cardstock:Crafters Warehouse

Patterned Paper:49 and Market
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Stamps:Inkadinkado

Ink:Close To My Heart

Washi Tape:Michaels
Stickers:Studio Calico, Bella Blvd
Cutting Dies:Amazon

Scrap On!

~Charity Hotrum~


No comments:

Post a Comment