Monday, April 9, 2018

Very Fortunate Events Stash Buster Layout

When you can't choose which paper or alpha to use you throw them all together and make a Stash Buster layout. The layers on this page just kept adding up as I cut new windows. I ended up four layers deep and then started adding flowers.
~ A Series Of UN VERY Fortunate Events ~
Three teens in the same house, what could go wrong? Nothing! These kids are a delight and a treasure. They are fairly calm, get along well, and enjoy school. A series of VERY fortunate events keep us together.
A pale green patterned paper with a diamond cut Vine and Vase paper started my layout. I decided a few windows would add interest and got busy with my craft knife. Of course, where one is good two is better so I cut all but the east and west points of the diamond.

I wanted the dark blue paper to show through the windows, but I also wanted to roll it and have it show through the widows. I cut a diamond and a large "V" out of the dark blue paper to fit under the corresponding windows. I flipped the "V" over and and adhered the papers to the underside of my layout.
The windows showing the gingham pattern were cut from corner to corner. I rolled these bits up and the dark blue paper was on display. Of course that left MORE holes. I added kraft paper as my final backing.
The windows needed something more so I added flowers in shades that complimented my papers. I didn't have any yellow flowers so I misted a white one to get the correct shade. I punched a few tiny flowers and misted those to match as well.
This layout is my entry for the Paper / Sketch Challenge. Rochelle offers this sketch and the use of kraft paper as a requirement.
Supplies:
Patterned Paper, Diecuts:Bo Bunny
Kraft Paper:Craftsmith
Flowers:Prima
Flower Punch:EKsuccess
Sun Sisters Mist:Tattered Angels
Alpha:MME, Cosmo Cricket, Studio Calico, Webster's Pages
Stickers:Studio Calico, American Greetings
Liquid Pearls:Ranger



Craft On!

~Charity Hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment