Friday, May 25, 2018

How To Make a Mixed Media Layout with Word Sticker Doilies

Today's project is a mixed media layout with doilies die-cut from word stickers. The Tattered Walls Kit from 123 Scrap With Me comes with a pack of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Clippings. I like the look of printed words so I have been scheming up ways to use the Clippings.
~ Big Adventure ~
 To begin with I placed TCW's Screen Print stencil on the center of BFS Tattered Walls: The Carolina Room patterned paper. I used Nuvo Embellishment Mousse:Toasted Almond to leave the image. I flipped the stencil over and pressed the excess mousse onto the upper left and lower right corners.
 The BFS:Mystic Wand Chipboard needed a bit of lustre. I brushed them with the Toasted Almond Mousse included in the kit. The product is a bit goopy so I used a tooth pick to clean out the intricacies. I also snipped off the tales of the wands so the chipboard would fit on my layout.
 In the upper left corner I layered a scrap of  with a bit of 7gypsies Architextures from the Library Junque pack, also from the kit. I added a chunk of the large Kaiser Craft Die-cut and topped it with a chipboard wand.
 The next part of the design looked ripe for a doily so I pulled out my Peachy Cheap doily dies. I pealed a chunk of Idea-ology Clippings stickers away from the sheet and placed them on cardstock. A few phrases were left behind so I re-inserted those.
 I cut two doilies from the cardstock/sticker mash-up. The die is rather intricate so it took several passes through my die-cut roller, but the final look is stunning.
 One of the doilies I placed to the left of the stenciled image. Mini pink flowers punched from BFS Tattered Walls:The Maid's Room are placed along the doily's edge. Bits and pieces from BFS Tattered Walls:Ephemera are clustered on the far edge of the doily to embellish the title:Big Adventure.
 The lower right corner is a scrap of BFS Tattered Walls:The Reading Room is sandwiched between tag and word Ephemera from BFS Tattered Walls. An accordion fold strip of paper and the second Mystic Wand over lay the cluster. Sitting on top like cherry is a pink rose, also from BFS.
 The second Clippings doily holds a cluster of ribbon, from the kit, two pink BFS roses, and a word circle from the Ephemera pack.
 This sweet conglomeration sits to the upper right of the stenciled image.
 The photos were my last addition. I cut them to 3x3 and matted them with scraps from the Tattered Walls kit. I wedged them diagonally into frames from the Ephemera pack.
 Beach Combing on a rocky shore is less romantic then a long sandy beach. It is full of drama, hard edges, and cold splashes. The neutral tones of the Tattered Walls Kit and the pops of pink mesh perfectly with the photos. Click on the link ^^^ to get your kit!
I flipped a sketch from Alda Stevens' for this layout.

Scrap On!

~Charity Hotrum~


No comments:

Post a Comment