Saturday, May 5, 2018

Layout with Watercolors and Gold Embossed Mermaids


Decorative scissors, watercolored tags, and a dusting of gold embossed mermaids take this waterside layout to the next level. During a previous crafting challenge I water painted several 7gypsies tags. I used those lovely paper bits as layers on this project and the result is stunning.

~ Her Reflection ~
The craft knife got a good workout on this ships wheel and the cluster of images at the side. I used decorative scissors to give the mermaid a postcard edge.
To help each image stand out I added vellum doilies beneath. I die-cut a couple mermaids from the scraps cut out of the center of the ships wheel. Gold embossing powder dusted along the edges of the mermaid gives her an extra glimmer.
I used more scraps from the center of the wheel to mimic waves. I had to ink the upper edges to give them definition against the photo. Die-cut vellum doilies create sea foam at the waves edge.
A strand of seaweed shaped ribbon is wound through the layers of ephemera and around the ships wheel. I secured it with strategically placed dots of Best GlueEver.
Never one to shy away from glitz and glam, I stacked foiled paper for the photo mat. The first layer is Silver Starstruck Foiled Paper and the second Lavender Starstruck Foiled Paper, both from Rinea. The Starstruck Foiled Paper with its embossed stars and matte finish give the photo the seat of honor.
Supplies:
Patterned Paper:Blue Fern Studios
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Water Colored Tags:7gypsies
Chipboard:Echo Park
Plain Tag, Alpha:Studio Calico
Trim:May Arts
Design Vellum:HobbyLobby
Doily Die:Crafters Companion
Ink, Water Colors:Close To My Heart
Embossing Powder:WOW
Pigment Ink:Color Box

Scrap On!

~Charity Hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment