Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Blush and White Monochromatic Scrapbook Page

This blush and white, monochromatic page celebrates my daughters first Art Show at school. She was 7, into bright colors, and excited about her work. The photo has so many colors I needed to use a muted palette to let it shine. The blush, white, and pops of grey put my girl and her painting front and center!
~Art Show ~
For the background I used repeating, off set half circles of punched paper. I also stamped eyes with stylized lashes in peach tone ink. The stamp is from Pink Ink Designs Thalia set.
I added a bit of sparkle with the Rose Glory sequin mix by Spiegel Mom Scraps. Just little bits of glimmer here and there. The keys, the banner, and the hot air balloon each have a different type of sequin.
A cluster of Prima flowers enhance the lower right corner. I didnt' have leaves in the color scheme so I cut up a velvet flower. Creative Embellishment's laser cut gears peak out from behind the flowers, the banner, and either corner of the photo.
I didn't choose a particular theme for the diecuts. I was looking for a filigree style to mesh with the eye stamp. The wood shapes pop the photo up off the page for depth.
Stop by my Instagram for more crafty inspiration.

Craft On!

~charity hotrum~



No comments:

Post a Comment