Thursday, August 1, 2019

How To Update a Metal Sign With Foiled Paper

I used Rinea foiled paper and Prima Flowers to update this metal sign for my craft room. I found it one day while out thrifting. I have always planned to give it some pizzazz and alter the message a bit. Having just updated my crafting space I knew it was finally time to get to this project.
I absolutely love the pale green color of this sign. The pressed metal has a great embossed design and the whole thing centers nicely on my crafting desk. The title doesn't quite fit though.
I used the Mini-WeRMrk Alphabet Punch board to make new letters. The embossed Starstruck Jade Foiled Paper from Rinea is the exact color of the sign. It cut and punched beautifully.
I sanded the sign and adhered Glossy Copper/Gold Foiled Paper from Rinea to the center. I then added the letters. Helmar adhesive is a fantastic all-purpose adhesive that doesn't leave wrinkles and worked great with the metal and glossy surfaces. 
I like bling so I ran a strip of copper and green washi tape around the border of the Glossy Copper/Gold Foiled Paper . 
It was looking a little bare so I added paper flowers and leaves. I was still on the green kick so I found some green and gold marbled flowers and set them off with white flowers and tawny leaves.
Here is the finished sign in all its foiled paper glory!
Stop by my Instagram for more crafty inspiration.

Craft On
~charity hotrum~

No comments:

Post a Comment