Monday, November 14, 2011

chase away those Migrain blues

Seems I never know WHAT will set off a migrain. Now that I'm in school I can't just stay home all day with a warm blanket in a dark room. I can't just run a hot shower or take a nap when I feel one coming on. But what I can do is reach for a little remedy my friend and I stumbled on by accident. It has been through a few transformations and even has a new name. In Europe it is called Museli. Simply defined as raw granola. In it's altered state we call it Brain Happy.
This is what it looks like:


The ingredients include:
1/2 cup raw oatmeal (old faashioned not quick oats)
1/4 cup slivered almonds or walnuts
1/8 cup of shredded coconut
1 Tablespoon Chocolate chips (preferably Hershey's Special Dark)
2 Teaspoons Flaxseed milled (I left it whole for the photo)
Serve with yogurt or almond milk and give your brain a boost!

Why it works...the ingredients are choc full of anti-oxidants, and B-vitamins.
How it works...that's the easy part, measure it into a bowl and eat it like cold cereal. If you feel a migrain coming on or are feeling down for no definable reason, give this recipe a try! Here's to happy brains all over the world!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment