Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Simply Tailored

Last week I featured the cards I made my history Professor. Today I'll show you the ones for my math Professor. With these cards I went a lot simpler. Men in general don't like all the glitter and lace. I focused on simple, tailored designs. I also tried to choose holidays I was certain my professor participated in.

Mother's Day or Birthday:


I just love the MME Stella and Rose collection. I knew right away I wanted to use this paper for a Mom card. I added some inking and finger crimping on the edges. I also stamped a border around the edge of the card using the MME clear stamp Remember from the same collection. The sentiment is stamped on vintage paper/velvet ribbon I uncovered at a second hand store.

Father's Day or Birthday:


The patterned paper for this card is from the MME 6x6 pad , All Spice. The tag, ribbon, ink and stamps are Close to My Heart. 

Thank You:


This card features a flocked velvet medallion cut from the MME Lush collection. The patterned paper is from the MME 6x6 pad Paris and Co. Ink and border stamp are CTMH. The sentiment stamp is Hampton Arts.
I used Scrapbook Steals card sketch #58 for the first two cards. You can see it here: http://scrapbooksteals.stealnetwork.com/wp/2011/11/14/american-crafts-hollyday-monday-card-madness-58/

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment