Thursday, January 15, 2015

Gardener

While sorting a box from under the bed I found this sweet photo of my daughter. Her grubby little fingers, happy smile, and sunflower tell the story. Of course nothing would do but to abandon the real work and begin a bit of scrappy therapy!!!
~ my little kinder 
  Gardener ~
I tried a few new things on this layout.
The first was making mist circles. I opened my mister, and used the end of the tube to draw on my paper. It took multiple dips back into the mist, but the look is JUST what I wanted.
My second exploration involved altering resin flowers. They were just a little too bright for my color scheme. I inked them with pigment ink (white or brown) then dusted with clear, glitter embossing powder. The pink flower I lightly inked a second time and used gold embossing powder.
I'm LOVING the way they turned out!
 
I will be entering this layout into a new-to-me challenge site.
The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #8 is
 
Supplies:
Paper:Craft Smith
Mist:Heidi Swapp
Washi:Crafty Steals
Pigment Ink, Chalk:Color Box
Dye Ink:CTMH
Embossing Powder:WOW
Brads:Recollections
Flowers:The Paper Studio
Tiny Type:Authentique, MME, Fancy Pants
Trim:October Afternoon
Modeling Paste:Liquitex
Mask:Momenta
Punch:Fiskars
Alpha:Silhouette
Mettalic Rub:InkaGold

Scrap On!

~charity~

4 comments:

  1. What a fun layout for such a cute picture. Love your title! Thanks so much for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet layout. Love that you tried a new technique!! Thanks for joining us in this month's Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. Thanks for joining the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely layout and that photo is too cute! Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
    -Rachel
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete