Friday, December 16, 2011

One last Professor Gift

I've put up various examples of cards I made as gifts for my professors. In all I gave 5 professors, 6 greeting cards each of various themes. Two of my professors have become particular friends of mine. I wanted to show them an extra measure of appreciation so I planned a little something extra for their gift bags. For my Algebra professor I included 5 recipes and a fajita seasoning I use ALL THE TIME! For my 1920's History professor I decorated a picture frame (following the theme of the cards I posted here: http://menemenetekeluniversity.blogspot.com/2011/11/roaring-20s-inspired.html )


I found an inexpensive metal frame and spray painted it white. For embellishment I used bits of the Webster's Pages, Hollywood Vogue line. I glued lavender trim around the outer edge of the frame. I added some silver, sparkle trim on two sides. Getting the silver trim to adhere to the frame was difficult, so I covered the ends with vintage sequin trim. I strung some lavender drops on silver twine and wrapped them around the left side of the frame. To finish off the project I adhered a bloom from Webster's Pages floral bouquets in the upper corner and a journaling card in the lower corner. After a quick step back I added tiny butterflies embellished with silver stickles. Finally I replaced the picture mat with packaging from a WP trim card.

Dear Blog readers, the expression on my professors face and the repeated exclamations of surprise were so delightful. A crafter wants nothing else as much as she wants her work to be appreciated. My cup of satisfaction was definitely running over!

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment