Saturday, January 21, 2012

brand new SMILE

Crazy school schedule has kept me from participating in the monthly My Mind's Eye Layout challenge. This week, though, I found enough time to pull something together.

~ brand new SMILE ~

May of 2010 I took my two youngest on an Amtrak ride to the West Coast. We visited my family and fitted in lots of time with the cousins (13 in all). The highlight of the trip WAS the trip. The train ride was a big hit and they are anxiously waiting another chance, another visit, and another RIDE!

For this page I used Trim from Stella and Rose, Hattie and assorted papers from Lime Twist. I stitched around my circles and frame with a zigzag stitch to mimic train tracks.  I used two different sizes of stitching on the circles to add textural interest. Finally, I added a swirl of twine (also from the Lime Twist collection) from the train's smoke stack! The tiny type is MME and the alpha is American Crafts.

~charity becker~

1 comment: