Friday, January 13, 2012

Places I LOVE

The DCWV Stack-a-holics challenge is posted the beginning of each month. Erin chooses a sketch by Susan at Sketch Savvy (http://sketchsavvy.blogspot.com/) and as long as we use DCWV paper stacks the sky is the limit. The entries are so beautiful it is a joy to participate with these crafters. I picked up the new Love Letters stack the first week of January at my local Michael's. After a few minutes looking through it I KNEW my first page would feature my favorite places in Italy.

Places I LOVE:

The majority of this page is from the Love Letters stack, I did mat the flourishes, title, and one of the blocks of paper with a spring green from the Taj Mahal stack. I machine stitched the largest piece of patterned paper to my LO using bright red. To give the matted paper pieces more definition I drew stitches around the edges with my trusty black Sharpie. I placed a bit of white ribbon under the gold letters to high light the title.


My inspiration for this page came from the delightful buildings scattered throughout the stack. I fussy cut a city's worth of buildings and clustered them above my photos. I outlined them with burgundy Stickles and used dimensional adhesive to make them stand out.

I made the blossoms using an EK Success punch. Check back tomorrow for a tutorial.


Scoot on over to the DCWV blog and get the details on the Stack-a-holics challenge while there is still time!
http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/2012/01/january-stack-holic-template-challenge.html

~charity becker~

No comments:

Post a Comment