Monday, March 12, 2012

PERFECT: just the way you are

My Minds Eye has wonderful sketch challenges each month. Now that I've finished with my crazy course load and will only be taking 1 or 2 classes per term I can participate again. Saturday my shipment of Follow Your Heart: Be Happy arrived from Scrapbook Steals. I went right to work on this sweet little card and am excited to enter it for the challenge. http://mymindseye.typepad.com/blog/2012/03/blog-challenge-33-card.html


For the base of my card I used Life Stories: Description of Activity. The flower motif is cut from "Be Joyful." I trimmed the edges of the wild roses and curled them to add texture.

After inking the motif and adhering it to the page I placed gems from my LUSH collection in their centers. Next I stamped the bird cage from the Stella and Rose: Mable stamp set onto the "Happy Doily Paper" with the same ink I used for the edge of the motif.
I laced the twine from the "Be Happy" collection across the card and around the birdcage, adding pennants, flowers, and hexagons from "Striped Pink," "Follow," and "Be Joyful" papers.

For the final touches I added a flower brad beside the bird cage and wrapped the twine around it, then went with a butterfly brad above the pennants. The sentiment is from the Follow Your Heart layered stickers. The title needed one more pop of color so I added a strip of LUSH gems underneath.

This card is made entirely out of My Minds Eye products with the exception of the white pigment ink on the card edges and the brown ink on the cage and edges of the flower motif. Both inks are CTMH.

~charity becker~

3 comments: