Saturday, March 31, 2012

A Day In The Sun

I like to save my favorite page for the Saturday blog post. This week I used the Paper Secrets Sketch Challenge for my inspiration. I've been planning a page like this for quite sometime. So glad this sketch fit all the elements so perfectly.
A Day In The Sun

To begin with, I pulled a piece of Kraft paper from the DCWV; Love Letters Stack. Then I laid a wood cut by Art Minds on the paper and started spraying Tattered Angels mist. I began with Fully Purple, moved on to Black Cherry, and finished up with Dragonfly. Then I opened Tattered Leather and splattered the paper. Next I opened my Ranger: Paint Dauber and splattered gold paint across the page. After a great deal of drying time I was ready to start embellishing.

While I waited for the page to dry I wrapped spiral roses made with Drafters Vellum, Border Scissors (EK Success), and CTMH, ink. I attempted to come up with a fool-proof set of instructions for making these, but alas, it will take more work before the instructions are ready.
I used Recollections resin ellements and alpha, WP netting, Theresa Collins gems, and CTMH ink and cardstock. The pearl swags are stash and the border punch is EK Success.

~charity becker~

1 comment: