Thursday, January 11, 2018

How To Make A Bright and Cheery Owl Card

This adorable owl is ready to wish someone special a bright and cheery hello. Rinea Foiled Paper and Helmar Craft Glue made this card a breezy, beautiful project. She's made up of rows of circles. The quick and easy instructions follow.
~ Thanks ~
Supplies:
Cardstock
Grey 5x7 card blank
1 Grey 3" circle
Features
Sentiment
White Cardstock 3" Banner
Directions:
Step 1: Round the lower two corners of the card blank and cut a shallow curve in the top.
My rounded corners are 1" to 1.25" in from the original corners. The shallow curve at the top is 0.75" deep.
Step 2:Position the 2" circles in rows of 3 or 4, starting at the bottom.
I alternated my colors from row to row by flipping the circles over.
 I started out with alternating rows of 3 then 4 circles, as pictured. Then I decided I liked just three red circles at the top. The Helmar's Tacky Craft Glue gave me time to make that decision.
 Step 3:Add Mocha circles to the Silver "eyes", then glue the eyes to the owl.
Play with positioning to decide how you want your owl to look. Once you have the perfect look, add adhesive only to the center of the silver eyes to glue them down. You will need the side and lower edge free to slip the beak under.
 Step 4:Fold down 2 sides of a Mocha circle to make a beak. Glue the beak under and between the owls eyes.
The grid above is made of 1/2 inch squares. The measurements don't need to be exact, but it helps give you an idea of how I made my owl.
 Step 5:Cut Grey circle in half, position on the owls sides as wings.
I knew I wanted a sentiment on my card so I glued the straight edge of the owls wings down and left the scalloped edge free.
Step 6:Layer and attach assorted diecut shapes and sentiment. I glued my "Thanks" between the owls wings. A longer sentiment would fit easily along the bottom of the card.
 My owl will most likely go as a Teacher Thanks. I never seem to have enough of those. But what an adorable valentines or birthday card it would be!
Supplies:
Cardstock:Crafter's Companion
Foiled Paper:Rinea
Frame and Circle Dies:Crafter's Companion
Scalloped Circle Die:Echo Park
Scalloped Oval Die:Spellbinders
Word Die:Elizabeth Craft's Design
Adhesive:Helmar

Scrap On!

~charity~

No comments:

Post a Comment