Monday, January 22, 2018

Pastel's and Misty Moments Layout

This month's mood board at the International Scrapbook Garden is all pastels and misty moments. It instantly reminded me of a rainy day photo I took of my hometown, Spokane. The sketch offered with the mood board made putting this page together a cinch!
~ Mist ~
 The misty photo melded perfectly with this grey dotted paper by Craftsmith and my Lavender/Gold Glossy Rinea Foiled Paper, embossed with a Crafter's Companion folder. To add a little warmth I die cut a lacy, circle frame from Gold/Gold Glossy Rinea Foiled Paper
 A thin line of ScraPerfect's Best Glue Ever is all I needed to hold the foiled paper down. The No-Clog Writing Cap helped me apply the glue only where I wanted it. 
 A few more dots of BGE and I was ready to add a canvas hot air balloon shape. I used a die to emboss the shape onto the Canvas Corp Brands 10oz Natural Canvas and hand cut it.
 After a little houndstooth embossing with a Darice folder I added strips of the Lavender and Gold Rinea Foiled Paper to the title area. With the irregular shape and slick surface, ScraPerfect's BGE was the best adhesive for the job.
 This double balloon cutout is thanks to a pair of die's from Pink and Main. I cut the larger balloon, then centered and cut the smaller balloon. The smaller balloon I placed in the photo. The larger balloon frame I reserved for the title area.
 Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist: Mardi Gras is misted through Aladdin's Screen, a stencil by Kite and topped with modeling paste applied through Drip Rings, a stencil by Memory Box.
 Hand lettering adds an elegant, personal touch to projects. I interpreted this skill with thin strips of Rinea Foiled Paper, folded and turned to spell out my title in script.
This misty layout is brightened by the scraps of Canvas Corp Colored Burlap in Turquoise and Light Pink.
The mood board and sketch contest starts with the image above. Details can be found on the International Scrapbook Garden Blog. Stop by for a peek at the latest kit reveal and enter the contest!

Scrap On!

~charity~


No comments:

Post a Comment