Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wave Walker

There is always that collection you can't quite get over, no matter what may befall. Genuine by Authentique is that for me. Is it the blues, the sketch book look, the butterflies, the pops of yellow, the damask, the stitched effect? That would be yes, yes, and yes! No collection could better compliment these classic pics of my daughter enjoying the waves.
~ wave walker ~
I used a few different dry embossing techniques on the papers behind the photo, but saved my favorite to frame my sweet girl. The photos were placed in an embossing folder so that the design framed my focal point. Then I sanded the raised design to get the distressed look.
Imagine my delight at receiving these yellow toned die-cuts from October Afternoon as part of a prize package from Scrapbook Steals! I combined them with sticker usage tips by Katerina Hunt and Enamel Accents by Ranger.
But the true inspiration behind this page is the amazing Erin Schultz with her Guest Design spot on Scrapbook Steals as the Pearl #1 Sketch Artist.
Pure Yum...check out the sketch and then play along at Scrapbook Steals.
It's just too much fun NOT to!
Supplies:
Paper, Stickers, Alpha, and Tiny Type: Authentique. Ribbon: May Arts. Twine and Brads: MME. Gem Flowers: Theresa Collins. Die Cuts: October Afternoon. Embossing Folders: Provo Craft. Ink: CTMH. Enamel Accents: Ranger.

~charity becker~


2 comments:

  1. Awesome LO! I love the embossing on the pictures! Thanks for sharing! I am a follower now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really neat layout. I love what you did to the photos...That is so cool...

    ReplyDelete